ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse Update Site Stuff
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:28:56 GMT
On jeudi 12 février 2009 14:28:04 Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just to prove once again how clueless I am when it comes to Eclipse,
> are we following the practices layed out here
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasing-eclipse-update-site.html
>
> ?
>
> Looking at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi it seems to
> point to a fixed, non-mirrored location for the updatesite.

Yes I did followed thoses guidelines, and actually they helped me a lot
setting this up.
How does it work: the fixed location of the updatesite is the location a user
give to Eclipse. Then Eclipse will retrieve the site.xml:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/site.xml

Based on that site.xml, Eclipse will look into the mirror URL defined there,
which is:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/eclipse-update--xml.cgi

And finally every real artifact, digest.zip, jars, etc... will be pickuped form
the mirrors.

Nicolas