I think this is a good idea. I think we can also do it in a way that satisfies the security conscious.

For example, we have add a new setting on the packager resolver e.g. restricted="true/false" that would either restrict the ant operations to the ones allowed now (if true), otherwise allow all ant operations (if false).

What do others think? I've attached a patch that implements this.

-Archie