ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE on Hudson
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:37:35 GMT
On 2009-01-27, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:

> And I have also make it generate a simple updatesite with the last IvyDE
> build. So for people interested to test the latest trunk, you can configure
> your Eclipse to use that updatesite URL:
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Ant/job/IvyDE/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/updatesite

Cool.

Please make sure that every place that links to it clearly states that
it this provides a developer only test snapshot that is not be
considered ready for users or even something like an official release.

The rule of thumb here is that if you use the snapshot you must be
able to come to the dev list and explain the problem - not the user
list.  If your knowledge of Ivy and/or Java doesn't get you far
enough, then these snapshots are not for you.

Stefan