ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla Issue 45902 (Up-to-date checks for JARs broken due to comparison of dir timestamps)
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:43:01 GMT
On 2009-01-29, Jesse Glick <jesse.glick@sun.com> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> Did I sound like "if you think you understand Zip.java better than I
>> do"?  If so, please forgive me, this was in no way intended.

> I just meant that you likely have a deeper understanding of Zip - and
> in particular the newer resource collection framework - than I do.

I really needed to double check I wasn't getting accross in a strange
way since that would be the last thing I wanted to do.  Thanks.

The "ZipExtraHeader is hard coded to be four byte" issue is next up on
my list and I hope to find some time next week to look more deeply
into this issue.  I'll start by adding a bunch of tests and will try
to see where we get.  This doesn't mean that nobody else could get
there before me.

One of the bigger problems of the <zip> family of tasks is that they
are very old, have a lot of protected methods and that we know they
are used as extension points by many external libs - so any change
must live inside the constraints of API backwards compatibility -
that's why the code is what it is.

Stefan