ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integration of antunit in junit
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 05:27:15 GMT
On 2009-01-27, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> I finished a first step.  I have refactored AntUnit task in order to
> extract the logic of running the antunit tests from the logic related
> to the interaction with the container project.   Feedback are welcome.

I like it.

> I will now clean and check-in my junit runners.  But this will have
> some impact.  The first one is light.  For a junit3 adapter, I will
> have to add Junit dependency.  I plan to put it in a specific
> package, and use junit only from this package.  I guess this one is
> OK.

Yes, just make it compile conditionally.

> The second one is bigger.  For junit4 adapter, I will have move to
> java 1.5.  Is there an objection to move the entire antunit library to
> java 1.5?  Or would you preffer to only compile a junit4 package with
> java 1.5 ?

I'd prefer to keep AntUnit at the 1.4 level as long as the only reason
is to provide a JUnit4 adapter - there are several JDK 1.4 only cases
(like running inside Ant) that we should support.

IMHO, put it into a separate package and make it compile
conditionally.

Stefan