ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Scokart <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buildlist/subant in parallel
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 08:46:05 GMT
I'm not aware of any implementation, but I think it might be an
excellent idea.  It would be a good step in the direction of
concurrent build.

However, note that implement the ivy-parallel-subant is not the only
thing you will have to do.
You might also have the ensure that your sub project can indeed be
build in parallel.  The kind of issue you might have to solve are :
- Thread safety issue in some tasks
- Current access to some external ressources (database, repository,
file system, ...)

Anyway, I'm sure that concurrent build is the direction we have to
take.  And an ivy-parallel-subant would be a good first step.

Gilles Scokart