ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: buildlist/subant in parallel
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:50:43 GMT
We don't use Ivy, but we do have our own set of extensions that has some
similar concepts in terms of multiple projects with dependencies between
them.

We use multithreaded build dispatching based on a dependency graph & let
me tell you: it's not an easy thing to get right. I've had to make several
changes to core Ant classes to get this stuff working properly.

Of particular concern is logging: your logger must be able to deal with
the fact that you have projects running in parallel or your logs will be
an incomprehensible jumble.

Not trying to discourage anyone from giving this a go, but it's certainly
not for the faint hearted.

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com
IBM WebSphere Application Server