ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: patch (ivy): log conflict results at verbose
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 23:30:34 GMT
I never saw this message before.
Could you create a JIRA issue and attach the relevant log when running ant in verbose mode?
That should also tell us which are the conflicting artifacts.

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Robey Pointer <robeypointer@gmail.com>
To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:29:01 AM
Subject: Re: patch (ivy): log conflict results at verbose

On 6 Jan 2009, at 12:14, Maarten Coene wrote:

> I'm not convinced that this is the proper way to solve your problem.
> If they are not conflicts, they shouldn't get logged as conflict. Could you give us more
info and an example of your log?

I agree, since they aren't conflicts, even the word "conflict" in the message is misleading.
I just didn't want to change too much -- the real problem is that it's logged at info level
and can't be quieted. Feel free to change the text.

The messages are things like this:

[ivy:retrieve]     conflict on /Users/robey/code/scala/configgy/target/libs/default/scala-library-2.7.2.jar
in [default]: 2.7.2 won
[ivy:retrieve]     conflict on /Users/robey/code/scala/configgy/target/libs/test/scala-compiler-2.7.2.jar
in [test]: 2.7.2 won
[ivy:retrieve]     conflict on /Users/robey/code/scala/configgy/target/libs/test/scala-library-2.7.2.jar
in [test]: 2.7.2 won

I see them in every project I build, at home or at work. Just build a few different projects
and you will see them. I gather that the real message should be something along the lines
of "I found jars in your cache and picked the one you asked for".

robey