ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Announce of the IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 release
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:30:31 GMT
Here is the proposal of the announcement:

-----

The Apache Ivy project is pleased to announce the release of IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1.

IvyDE is an Eclipse plugin that leverage the management of the Ivy dependencies in the Eclipse
development environment.
It will help you manage your classpath based on the Ivy dependencies, with a dedicated editor
of ivy.xml files, with completion.

Whereas the status of the previous release was alpha, we got this plugin to be more stable.
The bugs which were making the plugin unusable have been fixed. Thought we know that there
still some bugs, so this is a milestone towards the final stable, a beta milestone.

To download IvyDE: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi
Important note: the IvyDE updatesite at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite is now
deprecated because it causes us some deployment pain (which probably get some pain to some
user too). So please switch to use this one:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/

The new main features in this release:
* the configuration panel have been splitted to be more manageable and understandable
* Error markers now shows up if the resolve job failed
* You can clean the ivy caches via the context menu
* still experimental: handle dependencies between IvyDE-enabled projects

You will find the raw release notes there:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310640&styleName=Html&version=12313273

To get more information on the project, see:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/

Nicolas