ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject How about moving all SCM and EJB tasks into Antlibs?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 13:15:51 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to move those tasks (see subject) that don't get tested but
released with Ant into separate Antlibs and deprecate them in trunk.
My current candidate list consists of all SCM tasks (including CVS)
and all vendor specific EJB tasks - one Antlib per task (or family of
tasks in the case of CVS).

Of course we couldn't deprecate the tasks in trunk unless the
corresponding Antlib has been released.

Before I start doing the work I'd like to get a feel for whether you
agree that it is a good idea and whether you'd be willing to vote for
a release of such an Antlib.  Kevin tried to do something like this
for the VSS Antlib and failed, so before I put any work into it, I'd
like to be sure, it wouldn't be wasted.

Stefan