ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contribute for ANT a new format script with a new ProjectHelper
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:40:01 GMT
On 2008-11-18, 向雅 <fyaoxy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides this, I have 2 problems:
> 1,I want take care of some xml format file, but current ProjectHelper
> implementation just do one helper. I hope the newInstance failed so
> ant can make use origin ant instead of anton. if new I do it, just
> wrapper ProjectHelper2, not a good way.

This will usually happen when an <ant> task is invoked, I've seen that
myself when I implemented the ProjectHelper in JavaFront
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/javafront/

So far I've neglected the issue.  I'd probably hard-code
ProjectHelper2 and delegate to it when my ProjectHelper is asked to
parse an XML file.

Any other solution would likely lead us to breaking the ProjectHelper
contracts in not-so-subtle ways.

> 2, I want search default file build.on instead of build.xml, or search
> build.on or build.xml. but ProjectHelper not help:)

And I don't think ProjectHelper would be the right place to add
functionality like searching for build files.

We might add a method that returned the preferred extension and
returned ".xml" in the base class.

Stefan