ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: target-group committed
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:22:40 GMT
On 2008-11-19, Jean-Louis BOUDART <> wrote:

> I just have two questions :

I knew I didn't reproduce all of EasyAnt's patch 8-)

>    - Does prefix of <import> / <include> make sense on target-group? Or
>    should we consider target-group as an "abstract target" that is never
>    prefixed?

To me target-groups should be treated just like targets by import and
include so I made the same prefix rules apply.  Why would you want to
have different rules?  Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of include?

>    - When displaying projecthelp should we have target and target-group
>    mixed? or should we have a distinction?

>From the user's (the one running the build not writing the build file)
there shouldn't really be any difference so I wouldn't report them
separately.  That may be just me.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message