ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EasyAnt phases
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:38:29 GMT
On 2008-11-14, Remie Bolte <remie@backbase.com> wrote:

> Perhaps it is possible to create a dependency between phases, and
> additionally give targets the possibility to depend on a phase i.e.:

> <phase name="phase1" targets="targetA, targetB, targetC" />
> <phase name="phase2" targets="targetD, targetE" depends="phase1" />
> <phase name="phase3" depends="phase1, phase2" />

> <target name="compile" register-to="phase3" />
> <target name="build" depends="phase3" />

As EasyAnt's implementation stands, phases *are* targets, this means
(or should mean) that targets and phases can depend on targets and
phases.

> Thanks again for taking the time to explain certain behavior and past
> considerations. Some of my comments and suggestions might feel redundant for
> those might have already been discussed in the past.

Don't worry.  Sometimes the one explaining something learns more by
the very process of doing it than the one who listens, in in this case
it may help us get the concept "right".

Stefan