ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EasyAnt phases
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:55:31 GMT
2008/11/21 Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>:
> On 2008-11-20, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This would be pretty hard to implement as you saw yourself later on.
>>> What if the same target is in the depends list of two different
>>> target-groups?
>
>> What about making an 'or' between the conditions ?
>
> Is this really what would be intended?  What if one target-group has
> an if attribute while the other one has not, or if the have
> contradicting attributes?
>
> Stefan

The idea is to plug a target into a target group.  If a target is
plugged into 2 target-group, and only one target group needs to be
executed, then that target still needs to be executed to satisfy the
execution of the other group.
Concerning the conflict, we already have it with if and unless (it is
just that they are closer).

But I agree, it might be confusing.  At least until we found a right
view for the target and the target-group (something that I feel we
don't have yet).

--
Gilles Scokart