ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <>
Subject Re: EasyAnt phases
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:44:35 GMT
I'm +1 to put the concept in Ant's core, marked as experimental.

A question that I have is how deep we want to push this concept?

A first level would be that a phase or a target-group is a "normal"
tartget for which the depends is build based on the other target that
are found. (with that view, I wonder by the way what motivate the fact
that the phase have no tasks).

A second level (maybe I go too far) might be to put it deeper up to
the event notification.  A build that use phase might have
phaseStarted and phaseFinished event sent around targetStarted and