ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean-Louis BOUDART" <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:14:46 GMT
Hi Stefan,

First of all i would like to  thank you for your interests on our patch.

I'm currently trying to switch to trunk Head revision and i'm getting some
troubles with "nested inclusion".

I think that using "<include>" should allow user to have nested prefix, here
is a short example:
<project name="abstract">
<target name="myAbstractTarget" description="i'm abstract">
</target>
</project>

<project name="A">
<include file="abstact" as="myPrefix"/>
<target name="mySpecificTargetFromA" depends="myPrefix.myAbstractTarget"
description="i'm A">
</target>
</project>

<project name="B">
<include file="A" as="iLikeNestedPrefix"/>
<target name="mySpecificTargetFromB"
depends="iLikeNestedPrefix.mySpecificTargetFromA" description="i'm B">
</target>
</project>

<project name="generic build>
<extends file="B"/>
</project>

By typing ant -p i should see something like :
B.mySpecificTargetFromB --> i'm  B
B.iLikeNestedPrefix.mySpecificTargetFromA --> i'm A
B.iLikeNestedPrefix.myPrefix.myAbstractTarget --> i'm abstract

In our previous patch it was done by ImportTask (
http://easyant.abrm.info/trac/browser/trunk/src/main/patches/ant-697121-easyant-patch.diffl168->l187)
What do you think about it?

In addition to this, could it be possible to have a parametrized prefix
separator? I guess you've added a "." betwen prefix and target name (ex:
myPrefix.myTarget), could we have something more flexible?
In EasyAnt, we currently don't want to have a prefix separator, by
conventions our public target are prefixed with ":" and our private target
are prefixed with "-".

Thanks in advance for your feedback.