ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <erik-berndt.sche...@sogeti.nl>
Subject RE: IvyDE 2.0 roadmap
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:49:16 GMT
Hi,

Declaring ivyde as beta seems fine to me. I don't have many problems with the latest version.

What about IVYDE-128 and IVYDE-130? These are currently in the 2.0 roadmap.
Although I must say that I have no idea how to reproduce IVYDE-130. I certainly have never
seen anything like it.

Regards,
Erik-Berndt

________________________________

Van: Maarten Coene [mailto:maarten_coene@yahoo.com]
Verzonden: ma 10-11-2008 23:24
Aan: Ant Developers List
Onderwerp: Re: IvyDE 2.0 roadmap

Sounds good to me

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>
To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 11:15:48 PM
Subject: IvyDE 2.0 roadmap

I would like to discuss about the next release of IvyDE.

The last release of IvyDE was made 4 months ago, there are some important bug fixes that make
IvyDE a lot more stable, so I think it is a good time to get an IvyDE release now.
Thought I don't think that that next release is enough tested to be flagged as "2.0 final",
I think a "beta" state is more appropriate, there are still opened and unresolved bugs. And
the current implementation of the "resolve in workspace" is a little bit hacky. I would see
that release as a milestone in a stable 2.0 roadmap.

For that beta release, I would like to take time to include IVYDE-120 (make IvyDE work in
Eclipse 3.2), and also IVYDE-119 (little refactoring of the UI, maybe together with IVYDE-106
(choose the configuration used during retrieve)).

After that beta out, I think we should focus then on a 2.0 final, making every bugs fixed,
having a correct "resolve in workspace" implementation.

WDYT ?

Nicolas