ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.0 roadmap
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:24:48 GMT
Sounds good to me

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>
To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 11:15:48 PM
Subject: IvyDE 2.0 roadmap

I would like to discuss about the next release of IvyDE.

The last release of IvyDE was made 4 months ago, there are some important bug fixes that make
IvyDE a lot more stable, so I think it is a good time to get an IvyDE release now.
Thought I don't think that that next release is enough tested to be flagged as "2.0 final",
I think a "beta" state is more appropriate, there are still opened and unresolved bugs. And
the current implementation of the "resolve in workspace" is a little bit hacky. I would see
that release as a milestone in a stable 2.0 roadmap.

For that beta release, I would like to take time to include IVYDE-120 (make IvyDE work in
Eclipse 3.2), and also IVYDE-119 (little refactoring of the UI, maybe together with IVYDE-106
(choose the configuration used during retrieve)).

After that beta out, I think we should focus then on a 2.0 final, making every bugs fixed,
having a correct "resolve in workspace" implementation.

WDYT ?

Nicolas