ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.0 roadmap
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:49:42 GMT

Le 11 nov. 08 à 11:49, Scheper, Erik-Berndt a écrit :

> Well, 'qxo' is definitely not me (or I would know how to reproduce
> IVYDE-130 ;-)

ok :)

> And I agree with  your comment on IVYDE-128. Personally I have
> absolutely no need for this to be fixed.
>
> I was just wondering what to do with these two issues as they are
> currently part of the 2.0 roadmap.
>
> One other question just came to my mind: what about ivy 2.0 final?
> Should the ivyde beta wait for 2.0 final or not? Personally I don't
> feel the need for this but maybe someone disagrees.

I see no technical reason to have them released synchronously, as each
new Ivy version is also available in the IvyDE update site.
But there can be some "marketing" reasons: "Here is the final version
of Ivy 2 ! and yeah ! look ! there is also a new version of IvyDE !" :)
For my part, I don't mind waiting a little bit, I am pretty confident
that the next version of Ivy will be a final version.

Nicolas