ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: javac task problem in Java 6
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:40:12 GMT
I am rather certain this is a javac bug -- though it would be good to
/prove /that from a javac command line so as to get some focus on the
real issue here.

I believe Sun should take this particular issue seriously.  We've seen
this before where A depends on B which /internally/ depends upon C and
then suddenly one has to have C around to compile A.  That extends
compilation dependencies across decoupling points one designs in and
breaks library opacity / encapsulation.  This whole issue needs to be
taken seriously and nailed by Sun.  It impacts Ant, of course, but this
in turn impacts NetBeans.  It also impacts everything that uses their
compiler rather than JDT.  Overall this issue should not be tolerated.

--
Jess Holle