ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: target-group committed
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:24:09 GMT
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Bruce Atherton <bruce@callenish.com> wrote:
> Or you could just live with the verbosity of the target list, like I did,
> and use naming conventions in EasyAnt. I'm sure there are many other ways to
> address the issue.

One possible way would be to provide an in-build-file hook to
intercept the -p switch, and this hook (I envision a target) would
then be responsible to display the help. Couple that with a new
configurable task to generate the -p output, and then it's up to the
user to select (via some kind of include/exclude) whatever targets are
going to be listed.

My builds used to all have a help target which <java>'d back into Ant
on the same build file with the -p switch added. It's the same idea,
but exposing a builtin task instead, and allowing to run that target
when -p is specified, if it's hooked via for example a <project
help-target="help">.

--DD