ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maybe we should open up "depends" for all targets
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:36:31 GMT
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> target-group is-a target.  A "plain target" is a target as opposed to
> a target-group.

Since I have conceptualized them in my head as something different
than targets, I forget that implementation-wise they remain targets. I
actually think it would be better if the code made them distinct
classes, possibly extracting an interface for the perform and
dependency getting parts, but that's a different story. From the user
and documentation perspective, the fact that a target-group is a
target under the cover should be de-emphasized IMHO. --DD