ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: ProjectHelper
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:01:13 GMT
On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Matt Benson <> wrote:

--- Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:

> Okay, what say we move the Project instantiation to
> ProjectHelper then, so that custom ProjectHelpers can
> influence the Project class used if needed?

we probably can do so without breaking existing code.

> This still doesn't alleviate the problem that EasyAnt will need a
> little custom configuration to install the ProjectHelper and,
> probably, an Executor.

As for the ProjectHelper, there is a services facility, so all it
takes is putting the correct services entry into META-INF/services
(JavaFront does so) and keeping the jar in your classpath.

I haven't checked whether we do the same for executors, we probably

> But these are both handled with system properties, so this could
> either be done with hook scripts or an EasyAnt Main class that calls
> Ant Main after setting the necessary properties.

The wrapper looks like the least intrusive approach.  Users then have
to consciously use it, with the services facility they may end up
using EasyAnt's extended versions just because it happens to live on

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message