ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiling fails on JDK 1.3
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:40:38 GMT
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Jan Materne <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> I found the vote that we dropped Java 1.2
> http://marc.info/?l=ant-dev&m=117794737813795&w=2

Great, thanks.

> Should we post these info in a more prominent place instead of a
> mailinglist-search?

absolutely, and we probably should have listed it as a breaking change
in Ant 1.7.1

> Like FAQ?

Will do, alongside a comment that we don't really test old Java
releases and only ensure that Ant compiles there.

I'll also start a different thread for the Java version required by
trunk.  Do you want to fix the JDK 1.3 issues in trunk (I don't have a
1.3 JDK around anymore and am too lazy to install one right now) or
should we wait for the thread's outcome?

Stefan