ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI: Ant listed as "defect free"
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 15:46:32 GMT
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Jan Materne <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> Yes. But it is not so important what other say if you cant recheck
> it (IMHO).

Agreed.

> So I tried to set up a Findbug run in check.xml.

+1

> But I got a problem:
>
> - downloading Findbugs works - but only for an old version (1.0.0
> instead of 1.3.5)

downloading via Ivy you mean?  When I was younger, we simply went to
the project's download page and manually added the jars to the
directories we wanted them to live in.  I've been told that still
works. ;-) [I won't tell you what we did when I was young]

Seriously, I think you can expect anybody who wants to run findbugs to
walk the extra mile and install it if necessary.  If you can make that
even smoother, power to you.

> - FB run throws errors I dont understand
>
> [fb:findbugs] Running FindBugs...  [fb:findbugs] Warning: could not
> load plugin -sortByClass

I think it may choke on the empty plugin list, which may make FindBugs
misinterpret the -sortByClass option as the name of a plugin.

Stefan