ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: XSLT task - files processed twice
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:05:05 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Michael Kay <> wrote:

> Now, the "performDirectoryScan" flag corresponds to the external
> property scanIncludedDirectories, and its default value is true.
> Adding scanIncludedDirectories="false" to the task cures the
> problem. But why would anyone want to set it to true, and why is
> true the default value?

"true" is the default value, because this behavior has been the only
behavior available prior to Ant 1.5.  I remember that I was pretty
surprised about it a while ago since <style> behaved different form
the other directoy based tasks

If we had chosen to use a different default value, we had risked
breaking builds that relied on the old behaviour - and I vaguely
recall that Struts' build did at that time since I think we broke its
Gump builds once or twice.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message