ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSLT task - files processed twice
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 04:14:55 GMT
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:

> So would it make sense for the saxon-xslt task simply to change the
> default to "false"? Or would it make more sense to remove the flag
> and fix the value as "false"?

I guess it depends on how you expect that your task is used (is it a
drop in replacement for Ant's task?) and how you want to deal with
backwards compatibility.

If you don't expect anybody to use that flag at all, I'd remove it
completely since the behavior is unexpected and different from what
any other Ant tasks do - it might be a good idea to document the fact,
though, if your users expect the task to be build-file compatible with
Ant's.

> Alternatively, would it make sense simply to note which files have
> been processed and ensure that the same file is never processed more
> than once?

I currently don't see how this would break any existing scenario, so
it may be a good idea, yes.

Stefan