ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: extended xslt task - use URIResolvers to create DependSet
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:04:28 GMT
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote:

> * where is the DependSet being checked in the transformation(s)? I
> can't find it :)

Guessing, since I didn't follow the discussion: nowhere.

<dependset> deletes the target files if it thinks they are outdated,
so the way dependset factors into the transformation is by removing
the target file and thus making it appear out of date WRT the source
file.

> * I will need to write to the file system to maintain the
> cache. What would be a good way of handling this? Should I create a
> directory in the baseDir for all transforms. Then a directory per
> xslt task. Inside that dir create a properties file per transform?
> How would you do it?

Make it an attribute with some reasonable default (your descriptions
sounds good, but how would you define "per xslt task"? use the
stylesheet's name?).  See the <modified> selector for example.

> * new class name TraxCachingLiason -- ideas?

CachingTraxLiaison - but then again, all badly chosen names in Ant are
mine (TM) ;-)

Stefan