ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean-Louis BOUDART" <>
Subject Re: EasyAnt project
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:48:21 GMT
Thanks for your support.
We've made a patch of ant-core to introduce some concept used by easyant.
This patch :

   - introduce "phase" concept  : A kind of target that contains
*ONLY*dependencies, useful to make build modules easily reusable in a
   build (more infos at )
   - introduce two different kind of import (what we call use / extends) :
      - import extends : Equivalents to the current import task (The
      terminology "import" could thus be used either for "extends" or
"use", each
      being a subclass of import.) (more infos at )
      - use : A way to import ant file using "namespace" ( more infos at )
   - modify project-help to display phases separated from targets (We'd need
   to make the help more helpful, by classifying targets, or hiding some of
   them maybe with different levels of help => not yet implemented)

You can see this patch at

Feel free to give us a feedback on our patch or on EasyAnt.

Jean Louis Boudart