ant-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Re: Deploying to a Maven Repo with Ivy
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:08:08 GMT

On Oct 16, 2008, at 10:14 AM, Hans Dockter wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, Gilles Scokart wrote:
>
>> Concerning the mapping, did you have thought to map one ivy module to
>> multiple maven poms.  I think that if you want to keep the same
>> richness, when you have an ivy file with multiple "functional"
>> configurations, you should generate multiple poms, one for each
>> "functional" configuration that you have.  I think it is the only way
>> to keep an explicit name for those configurations.
>> Did you already considered such aproach?
>
> I haven't thought about this yet. But in regard to pom generation
> this would be no problem. We could simply have multiple instances
> of the pom generator with different mapping configurations and
> deploy all of them. The logic on top would need to accommodate
> this. But wouldn't this mean that you deploy the same artifact
> multiple times, but with different names? Those poms would need to
> have a different artifactId.

My phrasing might be confusing here. Provided we one module jar to
publish, let's say it is hibernate.jar. How would you express with
Maven the fact that this module has different configurations (e.g.
withEHCache, withDistributedTransactions, ...)? Your proposal is to
use multiple poms. But those poms would obviously need to have
different artifactId's. Therefore the module jar the pom is referring
to, would need to have the name of this artifactId. Hence you need to
deploy the hibernate jar multiple times with different names. That is
my understanding of Maven. I don't know if Maven offers other ways
here to do things.

If the module has multiple jars to publish and you have a 1:1 mapping
between configuration and jar, this would work.

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Gradle Project lead