ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: FYI: Ant listed as "defect free"
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 05:26:50 GMT
>> - downloading Findbugs works - but only for an old version (1.0.0
>> instead of 1.3.5)
>
>downloading via Ivy you mean?  When I was younger, we simply went to
>the project's download page and manually added the jars to the
>directories we wanted them to live in.  I've been told that still
>works. ;-) [I won't tell you what we did when I was young]
>
>Seriously, I think you can expect anybody who wants to run findbugs to
>walk the extra mile and install it if necessary.  If you can make that
>even smoother, power to you.

Maybe the 'old path' is the better one ATM.
I could use a
    <fail unless="findbugs.home" message="You must specify
'findbugs.home' to the install location of Findbugs"/>
for ensure that the user had done that. (Maybe I was happy about the
success with Ivy+Checkstyle ...)

>> - FB run throws errors I dont understand
>>
>> [fb:findbugs] Running FindBugs...  [fb:findbugs] Warning: could not
>> load plugin -sortByClass
>
>I think it may choke on the empty plugin list, which may make FindBugs
>misinterpret the -sortByClass option as the name of a plugin.

Maybe. But I couldnt find a place with documentation about what to
specify there.

Jan