ant-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Deploying to a Maven Repo with Ivy
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:27:16 GMT
Hi,

I have started work to enable Ivy deploying to Maven repositories.

The first step has been pom generation. I know that Ivy has some code
for this but I found it rather inflexible and could not use it for my
purposes. The pom generation in Gradle works now and I will write
more on this in another posting. The Gradle team would be happy to
contribute this code to Ivy.

The next step is deploying, including deploying snapshots. Leaving
aside the question on how to integrate Maven deployment into the Ivy
resolver/repository framework. The rules for deployment, in
particular snapshot deployment are still somewhat mysterious to me (I
have read the thread http://www.nabble.com/understanding-SNAPSHOT-
versions-to10444825.html). The behavior is not documented and I guess
can also be a changing target.

My question is: The Ivy team had to dive into the metadata stuff for
implementing the retrieval of snapshots. Is the logic how to modify
the metadata when deploying a new artifact (including snapshots)
clear to you?

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter