ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Ant @ CIServer "TeamCity"
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:36:36 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> Nice integration.
>
> I like TeamCitys build agents. Has Hudson@Apache some configured for different platforms
(Linux, Windows)?

> Because of the integration with Jira: is that something for Ivy? Is there an integration
with Bugzilla?

We should move Ant over to Jira too, perhaps. It makes x-filing bugs
between ivy and other projects better, and has a fairly good experience
*Except over very slow networks*.

1. Yahoo! are working with infrastructure on some build farm. Hadoop is
their line of business app and they care about it never failing a test.

2. We are bringing up hudson at work on a set of machines, real and
virtual. I could get it to build ant too, but you wont get to see the
results, just get the mail. So much mail.
   -OS/X only works if someone is logged on
   -some of the linux VMs experience clock drift; this really makes a
mess of a release process. Amazon AWS Auth doesnt even want to talk to
you if your clock is 8 hours out, so there goes some of our functional
tests, for example.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/