ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant @ CIServer "TeamCity"
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 10:06:51 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> Notifications by the CI server [1] are now send to
> notifications@ant.apache.org.
> So you'll could get a little more traffic in the future.
>
> BTW - now I saw that Apache is hosting a Hudson [2]  instance [3].
>

> Jan
>

> [1] http://ant.apache.org/nightlies.html
> [2] https://hudson.dev.java.net/
> [3] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/

Hudson is being used by Hadoop. Here is an example of it at work

when you submit a patch on jira, and mark it as patch available, hudson
will check out and build the code, and reject it if
  -it doesnt build
  -it creates more findbugs or checkstyle warnings
  -any tests fail
  -it doesnt add or change existing tests

so: no tests, no commit. Its a nice way of handling contribs from third
parties; hudson rejects things until the patch is up to scratch, then
the committers take over.