ant-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Re: Deploying to a Maven Repo with Ivy
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:14:26 GMT

On Oct 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, Gilles Scokart wrote:

> Concerning the mapping, did you have thought to map one ivy module to
> multiple maven poms.  I think that if you want to keep the same
> richness, when you have an ivy file with multiple "functional"
> configurations, you should generate multiple poms, one for each
> "functional" configuration that you have.  I think it is the only way
> to keep an explicit name for those configurations.
> Did you already considered such aproach?

I haven't thought about this yet. But in regard to pom generation
this would be no problem. We could simply have multiple instances of
the pom generator with different mapping configurations and deploy
all of them. The logic on top would need to accommodate this. But
wouldn't this mean that you deploy the same artifact multiple times,
but with different names? Those poms would need to have a different
artifactId.

<snip>

- Hans

--