ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r708930 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/Target.java
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:13:58 GMT
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's an example of use:

Thanks for the example. I can't say I like the syntax that much, for
the reason that it's not obvious you're crossing the "normal Ant"
line, to go into "locally customized Ant" land. With XSLT for example,
when you use a custom function, you typically notice the non-standard
function from the function's XML namespace prefix. Here, you don't
really know what's going on unless you have intimate knowledge on how
the build was put together, which PtyLpr is/are in effect, etc... I
guess you don't even know which PtyLpr will do the evaluation if there
are several of them. tough to follow... --DD