ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: extended xslt task - use URIResolvers to create DependSet
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:37:43 GMT
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote:
> I would love to use a properties implementation that  [...]

> Is something like this available now in Ant?

Maybe not exactly what you want, but have a look at PropertySet (and
<propertyset>).

> If not, would the commons configuration be OK as a dependency?

That's an easy *NO* ;-)

Ant is used to build Commons, so that would be a circular dependency.
Ant lives at the very bottom of the dependency stack in Gump, so can't
depend on anything else. The few exceptions are checked in JARs for
the XML parser in lib/ (and JUnit in lib/optional/, because unit
testing is so integral to Ant).

>>> * new class name TraxCachingLiason -- ideas?
>>
>> CachingTraxLiaison - but then again, all badly chosen names in Ant are
>> mine (TM) ;-)
>
> I used that name so it would show up next to TraxLiaison in the javadoc :)

I'm afraid this is a tough name to come up with. Caching doesn't
convey the right idea here IMHO. Sure, the impl uses caching of the
dependencies, but that's an implementation detail. You're adding
additional "Smart's" to <xslt>, to avoid unnecessary transforms, by
"spying" on URI resolving. So maybe a SpyResolverTraxLiaison? ;)  I
don't have a better suggestion... --DD