ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r703525 - in /ant/sandbox/antlibs/props/trunk/src: main/org/apache/ant/props/NestedPropertyExpander.java tests/antunit/nested-test.xml
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2008 00:11:44 GMT
On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Remember that in Ant we merge any $$ sequence to $ so
> that, if need be, the user can specify e.g.
> <echo>$${foo}=${foo}</echo> to get (given ${foo} =
> "FOO"):

Well I was under the impression that you needed the $$ only in the
$${NAME} construct, and thus the $$ is not needed for writing $NAME
for example. I guess I didn't realize we'd always compress $$ to $,
even when not in from of a {NAME} construct.

Add nesting to that, and I'm really confused ;-). Thanks for the
explanation. --DD