ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Why is <verifyjar> undocumented?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:46:26 GMT
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Steve Loughran <> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> The task has been added in the 1.7 timeframe but I don't see it
>> documented anywhere (some of our tests use it).
>> Does anybody remember whether we didn't want people to know the task
>> is there (see <classloader>) or just forgot to document it?
> Is that the task to check that a JAR is signed?

The Javadocs say:

 * JAR verification task.
 * For every JAR passed in, we fork jarsigner to verify
 * that it is correctly signed. This is more rigorous than just checking for
 * the existence of a signature; the entire certification chain is tested

> if so, its because it doesnt work as advertised.

OK, what is broken and can we fix it?

If not, should we simply dump it (deprecate the class since it has
been part of two releases, I mean ...)?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message