ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Allowing antlibs to contribute diagnostics & version info
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 04:14:15 GMT
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Jeffrey E. Care <> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig <> wrote on 08/28/2008 11:28:40 AM:
>> OK.  Maybe the antlib would just point to the antlib.xml file(s)
>> there and we add the description and versioning stuff into the
>> antlib descriptor?
> I think you meant that the service file would point to the
> antlib.xml?

In a way, yes.

> The way the service APIs work it really wouldn't make sense to do
> that.

I know.  I was thinking about not directly using the service API but
really just do something similar by using a pointer placed somewhere
under META-INF.

OTOH at least the -diagnostics part may need more logic than can be
(conveniently) placed into an antlib descriptor but could be more
easily expressed in Java so really using the service API may benefit
us here.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message