ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DirectoryScanner performance
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:12:19 GMT
2008/9/19 Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>:

> Interestingly the effect of followSymlinks=false is far less dramatic
> on Linux than on Windows.

Couldn't it be optimized on windows by simply remove the check ?
Windows don't have symbolic link...  We could either have
followSymlinks being not used if we are on window, either having it
forced to true, or using a subclass of FileUtils that has method
specificaly tuned for windows when we are on windows .

Note that, seeing the current definition of symbolic link [1], I'm not
100% sure that this wouldn't bring any regression.  Also, we will have
to take care if someone manage to have a jvm ported on cygwin.  But
AFAIK, this is not available.

[1] All files/directories for which the canonical path is different
from its path are considered symbolic links
--
Gilles Scokart