ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 PomModuleDescriptorWriter
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:56:13 GMT
Indeed, and an error (or warning) could be thrown if you Ivy module defines an artifact having
a different name than the module name.
I think there was a JIRA issue as well for supporting more than 1 artifact...

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>
To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:49:40 PM
Subject: Re: Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 PomModuleDescriptorWriter

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Wardrip, Paul <PWardrip@tandbergtv.com>wrote:

> In PomModuleDescriptorWriter.java would it be possible to change hard
> coded "jar" value that is written for packaging to use the artifact
> extension? If I publish something that isn't a jar to a maven
> repository, ivy expects it to be a jar when I try to use it as a
> dependency of another project.
>
>    private static void printModuleId(ModuleDescriptor md, PrintWriter
> out) {
>        ModuleRevisionId mrid = md.getModuleRevisionId();
>        out.println("  <groupId>" + mrid.getOrganisation() +
> "</groupId>");
>        out.println("  <artifactId>" + mrid.getName() +
> "</artifactId>");
>        out.println("  <packaging>jar</packaging>");
>
> --      to     --
>
>        out.println("  <packaging>" + artifacts[i].getExt() +
> "</packaging>");

The only problem I see to implement it is that in Ivy you can have multiple
artifacts, while in Maven you have only one (well, you can have more with
qualifiers, but you have one main artifact). So the patch is not that easy,
but it could be at least improved when only one artifact is published by the
Ivy module.

Xavier

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/