ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 released
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:15:01 GMT

Le 26 sept. 08 à 13:03, Xavier Hanin a écrit :

> Sep 26, 2008 - The Apache Ivy project is pleased to announce its
> 2.0.0 rc 1 version, the first release candidate for 2.0.0 final
> release.
>
> Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
> reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
> configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.
>
> This is a release candidate for 2.0.0 final, meaning that no changes
> except bug fixes will occur before 2.0.0 final.
> Problems found at this phase can be fixed in the final release, so now
> is a good time to download and use it. If no outstanding bugs are
> reported
> in the coming weeks, this release candidate will be promoted as
> 2.0.0 final.
>
> Key changes in this 2.0.0-rc1 version are
> * enhanced Maven2 compatibility, with several bug fixes and more
> pom features covered
> * better and more homogeneous relative paths handling
> * better support for local builds
> * 80+ bug fixes as documented in Jira and in the release notes
>
> Issues should be reported to:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY
>
> Download the 2.0.0-rc1 release files at:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi
>
> More information can be found on the Ivy website:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
>
> Regards,
> Xavier Hanin (2.0.0-rc1 release mgr)

Xavier, did you deployed the updatesite "mirrors" ?

I can site that the main updatesite is deployed:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/

But I don't see the update there:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/
whereas the Ivy distrib has been updated:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivy/2.0.0-rc1/

I can take care of it, as the new updatesite is in svn.

I am also reconsidering some steps of the doc I wrote:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/dev/updatesite.html
For instance I don't think this is a good idea to do a backup of the
updatesite on www.apache.org/dist as it would mean that the backup
will be archived. And we probably don't want that.
There is also other points that need improvements I think, I'll start
another thread about it.

Nicolas