ant-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: How to automize Ant
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:06:20 GMT
On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 02:40 -0700, Jan K wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to apache ant.I just know for what purpose we use ant.Now i need to
> automize my project with ant.My requirement is Whenever i checkin my
> code,the build and deploy  should be done automatically.

Well there are a couple of our of the box tools for that

Here on apache there are and but the list is long as you may see from the
websites above.

Basically what you need to do (the poor men approach) is create a
post-commit hook in your svn server that triggers the build.

The rest is done by your build script.

> Also a notification
> should be send to QA team.Also the build and deploy should be carried out
> automatically in my onsite server also.This should be done for all the java
> projects running in our company.How can i do this,Please help
> me.Please.Thanks in advance.
Thorsten Scherler

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: