ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject <ant> and basedir
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:26:37 GMT
Hi all,

I've modified the "Basedir of the new project" section of <ant>'s
manual page in svn trunk to reflect the full ugly truth (at least I
think it does), which is way more complex than our previous table
showed.

Could anybody else please review whether what I've written is actually
understandable?

The text doesn't reflect the allowNativeBasedir attribute I've added a
while ago, i.e. it describes the behavior of Ant 1.7.x.

Once I'm done with allowNativeBasedir I'd like to prepend the whole
text with

,----
| If you set allowNativeBasedir to true, the basedir of the new
| project will be whatever the basedir attribute of the <project>
| element of the new project says - no matter what any other attribute
| of this task says and no matter how deeply nested into levels of
| <ant> invocations this task lives.
|
| If you haven't set allowNativeBasedir or set it to false, the
| following rules apply:
`----

Right now this is true except for the "no matter how deeply nested
into levels of <ant> invocations this task lives" part.

Stefan