ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Allowing antlibs to contribute diagnostics & version info
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:28:40 GMT
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Jeffrey E. Care <> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig <> wrote on 08/27/2008 09:29:02 AM:
>> > I'm using META-INF/services from the JAR spec,
>> would it be possible to somehow use antlib.xml instead?  Right now
>> antlibs don't need to do anything to META-INF at all.
> I would have preferred this but to my knowledge there's no standard
> location for antlib.xml that I could use to load it from.

This is true.  To make things worse an antlib with several antlib.xml
files would be perfectly legal (one per namespace the antlib wants to

> I agree that it's a little clumsy to be using META-INF/services here
> but this is exactly the kind of application that the services stuff
> was added to support.

OK.  Maybe the antlib would just point to the antlib.xml file(s) there
and we add the description and versioning stuff into the antlib

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message