ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Allowing antlibs to contribute diagnostics & version info
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:28:40 GMT
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Jeffrey E. Care <carej@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote on 08/27/2008 09:29:02 AM:
>
>> > I'm using META-INF/services from the JAR spec,
>>
>> would it be possible to somehow use antlib.xml instead?  Right now
>> antlibs don't need to do anything to META-INF at all.
>
> I would have preferred this but to my knowledge there's no standard
> location for antlib.xml that I could use to load it from.

This is true.  To make things worse an antlib with several antlib.xml
files would be perfectly legal (one per namespace the antlib wants to
expose).

> I agree that it's a little clumsy to be using META-INF/services here
> but this is exactly the kind of application that the services stuff
> was added to support.

OK.  Maybe the antlib would just point to the antlib.xml file(s) there
and we add the description and versioning stuff into the antlib
descriptor?

Stefan