ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r687358 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/ComponentHelper.java
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:32:16 GMT
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also had to guard getRestrictedDefinitions, and the caller is
> supposed to guard the resulting List.  Which is quiet anoying.
> Maybe the returned list should be a copy, and not the life instance.
> WDYT?

I'm not sure who calls getRestrictedDefinitions, is it called often?
If it is not performance critical in any way then it may be worth
creating a copy.

All in all I'd say this race condition is pretty much a theoretical
one since componentdef-ing inside of parallel doesn's sound like
something people would do regularly.

Stefan