ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r687768 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/DirectoryScanner.java src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/selectors/PathPattern.java src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/selectors/SelectorUtils.java
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:41:28 GMT
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> In particular, I'm not sure where to place the PathPattern class.  I
> currently put it in org/apache/tools/ant/types/selectors so that I
> don't have to make the methods of SelectorUtils public, but I feel
> like it is not the right package.

It really only provides different entry points to methods of
SelectorUtils - I'm rather not sure about the classes name (but the
again I do have a long tradition of chosing bad names, in
particular in the context of Ant).

How about making PathPattern a static inner class of SelectorUtils
and provide a factory method for it inside SelectorUtils?

> I'm worndering if something only visible to the DirectoryScanner
> wouldn't be better.  WDYT ?

DirectoryScanner doesn't live in the package it should itself -
because it was added when Ant had only two packages (ant and
ant.taskdefs).

> By the way, I also removed some explicit nulling.  I don't think
> they offered any performance gain.  Did they?

No idea.  Maybe on some VMs.  I vaguelly recall adding some support
for GCJ/Kaffee combos many moons ago.

Stefan