ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Allowing antlibs to contribute diagnostics & version info
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:25:04 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote on 08/18/2008 10:52:50 AM:

> > I've been thinking about ways that installed antlibs could
> > contribute diagnostic modules and version information. Is there
> > anything like this in the works already that I've missed?
>
> I don't thinks so, but I agree that it would be a good idea.

Assuming other committers agree, what are your thoughts on the behavior of
the existing -version & -diagnostics switches? For best backward
compatibility we'd have to leave the existing switches as-is & add new
switches to show info from the antlibs, though that may be overkill in
this situation.

Thoughts?