ant-dev mailing list archives

From jcarpenteremail-...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Nant version of Ivy
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:35:31 GMT

will need to be available.  (Just as with the jvm, I don't think it would be a huge deal
if it needed to be.)

--- On Thu, 8/28/08, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
Subject: Re: Nant version of Ivy
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 10:34 AM

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, <jcarpenteremail-ivy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there any ongoing effort to produce a .NET/NAnt version of Ivy?

Are you looking for Ivy to support .NET assemblies or for a .NET
implementation of Ivy's general functionality?

If Ivy's features are enough to support .NET builds (strangely I'm
more familiar with .NEt than with Ivy) you could certainly use Ivy
from within NAnt or MSBuild.  All it would take was a Java VM on the
build machine (which doesn't sound worse than requiring IKVM) - I've
once written NAnt and MSBuild tasks to run Ant - but must admit I've
never used them:
<http://stefan.samaflost.de/blog/en/dotNet/ant_for_nant_and_msbuild.html>

Alternatively you could build the .NET projects from within Ant:
<http://ant.apache.org/antlibs/dotnet/index.html>

Stefan